The Lean Lab: Improving Efficiencies and Effectiveness - Live 6-hour Seminar
A live 6-hour virtual seminar - March 25, 2021 – 10:30am-5:30pm US Eastern time
Applying Lean methods and mindsets to your lab operations will speed throughput, expand capacity, improve customer service, reinforce expertise, and provide a better working environment for associates. Turning your quality control and R&D labs into a strategic advantage for your organization.Register now
If asked to rate the performance of your internal laboratories would you say “pride point” or “pain point”? If you said the latter, implementing Lean can help.
Labs are involved in so many steps in the value stream — testing and approving quality on incoming materials and goods, on work-in process, semi-finished and finished products, as well as on new product development — that the efficiency of your lab is inextricably tied to overall organizational performance.
The ability of your laboratories to respond on time and right the first time is critical and is a key part of your company’s business development and growth.
We invite Laboratory Managers and R&D leaders, in Pharmaceuticals, Human and Animal Healthcare, Bio-tech, Cosmetics, Chemicals, Food industries…, to join us for this 6-hour Lean Lab seminar to learn how a systemic approach to Lean implementation in your Lab can become a strategic advantage for your organization.
Reliability and quality are the outcomes of efficient processes and effective flow management coupled with engaged engineers, technicians and analysts. Application of Lean allows you to create a less stressful yet high performing work environment paramount to reinforcing associate satisfaction and enhancing people development, ensuring continual growth in lab expertise.
Imagine what you could do if you were able to accelerate and improve laboratory response time.
WHAT WILL BE COVERED
In this 6-hour virtual session, we will share our practical experiences with Operational Excellence in Laboratories acquired in a variety of environments. We will illustrate how to alleviate inefficiencies with a well-balanced Lean approach, and the power of a comprehensive and vision-oriented management system based on trust, empowerment, and teamwork.
The agenda will cover:
- Understanding the fundamental concepts of Lean and how they apply to the laboratory’s challenges
- Learning to see waste in end-to-end laboratory processes and the impact on quality and lead time
- Managing flows in laboratories – examples from different lab environments
- Creating a Visual Flow Management System and Performance Management System
- The benefits of Lean and its impact on people satisfaction and lab expertise
You will understand how these principles can be applied to your own laboratory environment, and how a successful implementation will reinforce your “leadership legacy”.
Outcomes of systemic Lean Lab implementations include:
- Optimized people time and machine time – improved equipment utilization.
- Lead time reductions ranging from 50% to 90% depending on the type of analysis and service.
- Productivity improvements from 30%-50%, allowing for cross-training and skill improvement.
- 40%-50% reductions in changeover time.
- Significant reduction in the costs of supplies as a result of visual inventory management.
- And the overall improvement in lab reputation – from pain point to point of pride.
This session is taught using a combination of lecture, group discussion, and case studies based on actual implementations and follows the below schedule:
12:30-1:00pm – break
3:00pm-3:30pm – break
To register, please follow this link.